Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tom Waits' Extremely Cool Photographs & a Facebook Story




Here's a visual side to Tom Waits and a Facebook story. Some time back in another Facebook avataar, I came across a profile that I added as my friend. I found Tom Waits on Facebook and 'naturally' added him as a friend. Well, nothing happened for three or four days until one day I noticed a post on the Man's wall asking him 'if he was the real Tom?' Well, I had to add my bit, which was that I kinda liked the idea of Tom Waits impersonating himself on Facebook and there was nothing wrong with that! Well, the next thing I knew was that I was accepted as a friend. All I have to say is that my statement was made in the light of the fact that anyone who has a relationship with some of the double-inversions and double-recontextualization evidenced in Floyd albums or Quadrophenia (The Who) should have no problem with anyone being anyone they want to be. Eh, right?

Well, the only other musical person who accepted me as a friend is 'probably' Jimmy Buffet. Which was probably due to my interest in his wildlife conversation projects in the Caribe islands and respect.

PS: I love Travis McGee too but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment